- Laura Cross-country Ski & Biathlon Center
- Coordinates: 43.69231, 40.32477
- Mountain Cluster
- Ussage by Olympic Games:
- Ussage by Paralympic Games:
- june 2013
- Address: Mountain cluster
- "Laura" Cross-country Ski & Biathlon Center is located on the crest and slopes of the Psekhako Ridge, within 6.5-10 km far to the North-Ester of Krasnaya Polyana.
The Center includes two isolated stadia, each with their own start and finish zones, two isolated track systems for Skiing and Biathlon, shooting area and warm-up zones.
Laura is a turbulent mountain river with a large number of waterfalls. It has its source in the southern slopes of the Assar, within the boundaries of the Caucasian nature reserve. The name of the river is based on a legend of a young girl called Laura who chose death over living with an old prince she did not love. After running away from the prince, Laura jumped of a rock into the river that was later named after her. Murat, Laura's lover, could not live with the pain of their parting and jumped in after his bride. The lovers' bodies were never found and local inhabitants say that the Gods were so moved by what had happened that they took them to the heavens the summit of the sacred Mount Elbrus.